Monday, June 29, 2009

A New Blog

Since 2005, I have been blogging on my MySpace site at http://blogs.myspace.com/rebeccamonkey. But recently I haven't had much interest in spending time on MySpace, so I decided that it was time to move that blog somewhere else. So, here I am.

The title of this blog comes from a private joke with myself. This summer I am celebrating ten years of living in Las Vegas. And somehow, in that decade, I have managed to avoid stripping and marriage in a city infamous for stripping and marriage. And believe me, as a professor of Women's Studies and someone who critiques popular culture, this fact never fails to both amuse and bemuse me. In a city with so many opportunities to meet men, and believe me I've met my share, I still manage to be single and clothed more often than not. My plan is to tell stories from my first decade in Vegas and share other ideas about my life and popular culture through this blog.

And here we go... the best laid plans of non-brides and men (or women)...

2 comments:

  1. I never sign on to Myspace. It makes my computer freeze up half the time, or at least slow to a crawl.

    This is fun to read!

    ReplyDelete